Monday, January 29, 2007

What to expect?

Our first meeting for the Mathew bible study will be a twofold introduction. First, I will introduce the synoptic problem. A subject matter we should at the very least be aware of. Second, I will introduce the book of Matthew. Should you desire to come prepared for these introductions I strongly recommend you read the first two chapters of "An Introduction To The New Testament" by D.A. Carson, Douglas Moo, and Leon Morris. This will only take a few hours to read at the very most.

In the following week and a half I will be posting some further thoughts and points of interest for the synoptic problem and Matthew itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it may only take you a few hours to read it but for me, and my ill trained mind, it would take a whole day.

Justin

Verse of the Day