Sunday, December 3, 2006

Humble Beginning...

While most of the world will take little notice, if any at all, to this new blog that has entered its realm, it is nevertheless a ground breaking event for me. I am quite honestly excited about it and look forward to the future there might be in it, however bleak or bright it may be!

One may be wondering why I have chosen the title "Phroneo." This is actually a transliteration of a Koine Greek verb that is defined by BAGD in the following manner: "to have an opinion with regard to something, to give careful consideration to something, or to develop an attitude based on careful thought." That is me in a nutshell. I like to think and give careful thought to anything and everything, as well I should, because life without thought is colorless and boring.

In an age rich with intellectual atrophy, this blog will be a call to myself and whomever might read it to give careful consideration to ones worldview, ones "weltanschauung." Everyone has one of these, whether they are aware of it or not, and everyone acts in accordance with it, each and every moment of the day.

So go ahead, go out there and start using the muscle in your head and start giving careful thought to anything and everything. Don't just go through the motions and accept things the way they are. Think! Exercise your brain!

No comments:

Verse of the Day